Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Brown Transferware For Tea

Welcome friends and I hope you are enjoying the month of April!  Our snow is almost gone and even though it is only in the 40's, I've been out raking my flowerbeds.  Now I am ready to warm up and enjoy tea time with you!





I set a folding tray in front of my china hutch filled with brown transferware.  Here at the log cottage I leave the brown transferware  in the hutch all year and just add seasonal  decor.





I'm using a  precious tea set my angel daughter bought for me while we were on a weekend hockey trip with her three boys.











I wish you could join me for a cup or two of  Elmwood Inn Kentucky Blend tea (this tea is so good!) and a slice of peanut butter sheet cake.











I found two bunny plates  at Hobby Lobby last year after Easter.  I wish they had more left as they go so well with the brown transferware.




I kept my three tea houses out from my Christmas village, to enjoy a while longer.  After all there is no snow on the roofs!










I am hoping to get out to the farm cottage soon and share a tea with lots of spring colors and bunnies!

Thank you for stopping by!  Wishing you a happy April and a blessed Easter if I don't get back to you!

I will be joining Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea, and Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea  parties this week.

14 comments:

Deb said...

The brown transfer-ware is just gorgeous. Other than the blue it is a favorite of mine. And I, too, would keep my little tea-houses out to enjoy.

Louca por porcelana said...

I am delighted with your brown tea set :It is Wonderful! Love all your pieces! Thanks for sharing!Maristella.

Margie said...

You have a lovely collection of brown transferwares. I'd love to sample your tasty PB cake with a cup of tea.

The Victorian Girl said...

LOVE that brown transferware!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh how pretty - I just adore the brown transferware - we find so little of it out here in Washington. I have a few treasured pieces. Your hutch is wonderful and the bunny plates are so sweet. What a lovely tea you have prepared - it would be so much fun to have tea in a log cabin.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

You have a wonderful collection of brown transferware! Love the sweet tea set and the sheet cake looks delicious. I just bought one of those bunny plates at Hobby Lobby so I guess they brought them back. I got mine in Gaylord in case you don't have one close by. I still can't believe we don't have a HL in Traverse City but Gaylord has one!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Your brown transferware all looks so good together. I love the bunny plates and hope you can find some more this season.
That cake also looks really good, I have quit sugar again and its so hard to resist cakes

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

How beautiful! The only reason I have no brown transferware is because I have so much blue transferware that I have no cupboard space for the brown! It looks so perfect in your cottage. I'd love to join you there for a cake and tea!

relevanttealeaf said...

Happy Easter to you and your family too, Nancy! Your brown transferware is lovely. I don't blame you for keeping it out year-round. I loved your tea houses too. I have the one in the middle, but I don't believe I have the other two. The tea set from your daughter is a memorable keepsake and so pretty. I enjoyed this tea party very much!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I just love the homey (or homely) depending if you are US or UK...ambiance of brown transferware! And you have a wonderful collection and display. The bunny plate is so cute! Sounds like your daughter knows you well! Lol! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Ruth

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love your brown transferware tea set...and also the brown bunny plates...so delightful!! Your tea tray is perfect. I know this is a special set for you to use, since it came from your precious daughter. I am sure you feel a special connection with her while enjoying your tea time. (((hugs))). The peanut butter sheet cake sounds good...recipe????? I know you are anxious for spring to arrive. It is here in Florida, has been for a while...March was like summer, but now April is more like spring again. So thankful! May you soon be out and about and enjoying the spring flowers and your farm cottage again. I look forward to your outdoor tea times...always so beautiful!!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm so in love with your brown transferware, Nancy. It goes with everything, don't you think? The teaset from your dear daughter is such a lovely gift and such sweet memories. I'd love to share a cup of tea with you and a slice of peanut butter cake. I'm looking forward to your outdoor tea times, which I know you are, too. Happy Easter week!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

A Casa Madeira said...

Lindas as imagens.
janicce.